Three-dimensional printers have excelled in the industry, but many startups and small businesses are also relying on them to boost their production as it saves costs on various manufacturing equipment and resources. It provides one versatile unit that helps develop prototypes faster with less effort.
Twenty-first century entrepreneurs are earnest about getting suitable 3D printers, and Tronxy X5SA Pro has much to offer in terms of high-grade performance. With their highly successful printers, X5S and X5SA, the company introduced another updated “Pro” version to accommodate previous models’ concerns.
Table of Contents
The important factors are print quality, set up, features, and design. Considering these factors before purchasing can be helpful for both serious designers and enthusiasts looking for a good printer.
TRONXY 3D Printer
Tronxy is a China-based company that manufactures 3D Printers, and its motto is to create affordable printers for its clients with the best specifications possible. X5SA Pro reflects their keenness to produce impeccable products. The printer comes with impressive features making it worth each penny.
- Affordable price
- Automatic leveling sensor
- Removable print bed
- Filament versatility
- Sensor for when filament runs out
- Power resume feature
- It comes as a DIY kit, so it needs assembling
- The 6 points leveling for the bed can be hard
- Filament sensor can be hard to load
Breakdown Of The Tronxy X5SA Pro
It offers print thickness ranging 0.1 to 0.4mm and has good printing quality which allows printing of complex geometries with precision when settings are correct.
This printer has an operational procedure that works every time if followed. If you know motion and control regarding printers, you’ll quickly adjust the XY slider cars to have a slight preload (drag) using the eccentric screws. It’ll enhance the performance of the printer.
Keeping the speed moderate for this printer will get you better results than pushing the speed limit which will hinder your results. It’s better to keep this printer printing at a reasonable rate no matter what you’re printing.
The Tronxy printer is semi-assembled, and assembling the rest requires some patience. The setup process is not complicated, and the user manual allows you to do it effortlessly.
Once you have connected the components, the bed-leveling process becomes more manageable, and the auto-leveling sensors make this manual process hassle-free.
Setting up the printer can take up to four to five hours but having any prior experience can help you do it faster than expected and with ease.
The Tronxy printer offers dynamic features that fit into the user’s budget, making it an excellent option for both beginners and professionals.
- Positioning accuracy: X/Y axis: S0.00625mm, Z-axis: S0.00125mm makes it a highly precise 3D printer
- Print Speed: It has an amazing print speed ranging between 20-150 mm/s
- The nozzle diameter is 0.0157 inches which equals 0.4 millimeters
- Compatible materials: PLA, ABS, PETG, TPU
- Ambient Operating Temperature: 46.4 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit, equal to 8 to 40 degrees Celsius
- Maximum extruder temperature: 527 degrees Fahrenheit, which is equal to 275 Celsius
- Connection: USB interface, TF card
This durable printer is built up of aluminum and sheet metal. The previous models had weak frames, but the X5SA Pro comes with metal parts making the model sturdy and long-lasting.
The printer weighs about 14.5 kg and offers dimensions of approximately 660 x 645 x 580mm. It has an open frame and allows a footprint of 400 x 330 x 330mm.
Alternatives to The Tronxy X5SA Pro
Two Trees Sapphire Plus Printer
- Damage Protection System
- Quiet operation
- Sturdy Build Quality
- Faster & Accurate Printing
- Alignment of belts
- Manual lacks detailed instructions
- Slow-responding firmware for touch panel
Sapphire Plus allows printing at a higher rate than the Tronxy printer, and it has a TMC2208 drive chip that offers a silent printing experience. It’s also capable of online and offline printing using an SD card, whereas Tronxy needs an upgrade for a WIFI connection.
Both these printers share a lot of similar features and are capable of printing by using various materials. The Sapphire Plus is slightly high in price in comparison to the Tronxy printer.
Creality Ender 5
- Delivers high-quality prints while working at higher speeds
- Customizable machine is upgradable
- Robust feature set
- Print bed must be leveled manually
- Flimsy magnetic bed is not durable
- Loading the filament can be hard
The Ender 5 is a quality printer. One reason is its accurate print quality. The precision you can get is 0.05mm. This type of precision is good for both miniature and larger models.
A great benefit to new 3D printer users is the set up is easy. Assembly is straightforward and can be done in 30 minutes to an hour. It comes out of the box pre-assembled which makes it even easier.
Sometimes instructions for a printer is vague. But, this printer comes with an instruction manual that’s clear. It comes with images and number illustrations to help you figure out which part goes where.
Anet A8 Plus
- Modifications available
- Filament versatility
- Upgrades available
- Print quality
- 3-in-1-out automatic mixing-color printer
- Full metal parts and stable design
- Faster/accurate printing
- Not suitable for small desks
- Manual calibration
Anet 8 is a high-quality affordable printer. It has the advantage of filament versatility meaning it can use different types of filaments besides PLA.
There’s manual calibration involved which hurts set up difficulty, but this printer comes with video instruction which makes it easier. What makes this printer stand out is its print quality.
It has solid precision and layering. It’s common to run into some warping with this printer though. A lot of the print quality depends on your manual calibration process.
Regardless, this is a solid option which you can either get as a pre-assembled printer, or DIY kit. It all depends on what type of learning curve you want.
Is the TRONXY X5SA Pro the Right 3D Printer for You?
In addition to excellent technical specs, the Tronxy X5SA is incorporated with other remarkable features that take its performance to the next level. It offers all these capabilities at an affordable price:
- Automatic Levelling: With auto-leveling, you can avoid getting into the fix of the manual bed leveling process
- Removable Print Bed: Taking out the prints becomes a lot easier with a removable build plate
- Filament Detection: It automatically detects filament usage and notifies so you can change it before it runs out between the prints. Even then, it allows you to pause the print and resume it after refill
- Power failure print resume: No one can guarantee the printing process without a sudden power outage. Therefore, this printer allows you to resume printing when the power comes back and save your print
- Touchscreen Display: It has a 3.5-inch touchscreen that allows you to control the settings conveniently
- Titanium Extruder: It offers a tighter path that makes the handling of flexible materials easier
- Upgradable WIFI Connection: It can upgrade for a WIFI connection
- Quiet activity: Due to its mute motherboards, the printing process does not affect work or sleep
It’s one of the best printers in its class. It works well for both beginners who have limited knowledge of three-dimensional printing, and experienced users who want to spice up their production with its valuable features. It offers a large build area with a stable and durable frame.
We are not implying that the machine has no downsides; it’s just that there aren’t many to affect output quality adversely. So, if you’re looking to achieve great results while sticking to an affordable price range, Tronxy X5SA is a solid option to be considered.